28 June 2012

Day 20: Head down, tail up (21/06/12)


Thursday was my Designated Study Day. In it, I steamed through 800 years of Greek and Roman history, countless wars, kings, tyrants and emperors and at a wild guess about 2 or 3 million dead bodies. Joke did the washing, cleaned the caravan, went shopping, borrowed a bicycle and went for a ride.
Dirk works......
....while Joke plays!! (Is this an example of an unequal Yoke??)

In the afternoon, when she could see from my twitching that I was becoming dangerously overloaded with spartiates and optimates and hoplites and pontifex maximi etc. etc., she extracted my nose from the laptop and took me for a dry run to the James Cook University where I was to do the exam the next day. From there we drove back into Cairns central and wandered around the foreshore and harbour.
Then back for more history stuff until the job was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment